Warmfloor Insulation Board Installation
- Concrete floors must be completely cured as per manufacturer’s specifications.
- The existing floor must be flat.
- Prepare floors surface as per good tiling practises i.e.: Remove any contaminants as in paint overspray, dirt, plaster, glue and dust etc.
- Prime the floor with a suitable floor primer and allow to dry.
- Fit the boards to the shape of the room, with staggered joints (see the example below). The boards may be cut with the use of a jigsaw, stanley knife or similar tool.
Fixing down of the Warmfloor Insulation Board
This is performed in the same way that you would fix down tiles.
- Mix up a suitable quantity of flexible tile adhesive as per the manufactures instructions.
- With the use of a 6mm notch trowel, individually lift up each sheet and evenly apply the adhesive to the floor, ensuring that all of the board’s area has been covered.
- Place the board and press down firmly thus ensuring any air pockets are removed.
- Avoid excessive pressure when fixing down boards as this will cause the adhesive to be forced out causing the edges to lose their adhesion.
- Repeat the above steps until the entire floor is covered.
Installation of Warmfloor Heating Cable
Once the adhesive has cured, prime the surface of the Insul-board and then install cable as per Warmfloor’s installation instructions.
Warmfloor strongly advises the use of SLC (Self-levelling compound) when using Insul-board, as this facilitates the easy removal and replacement of tiles, if ever required, which otherwise may be difficult.
Installation of Warmfloor Installation Board
To download a copy of our PDF instruction sheet, click the icon below.